Thursday, May 21, 2009

Field Trips

It is so weird to be on the other side of a Field Trip! As a teacher, I hated them. The kids are so wound up and it's hard to control them and split them into groups and keep track of everyone. But I can now appreciate why I would always have so many parents fighting for the opportunity to go on them. It is soooooo fun to watch your own child interact with her teacher and friends. I probably won't shock most of you with this revelation, but my daughter is the "know-it-all." She has an answer for everything. When her teacher was reading a story, and asking questions, Kaylyn answered correctly and accurately. When the lifeguard was talking to her class at the beach she kept answering his questions. She is hilarious.

So we spent Tuesday on a Laguna Beach Transit Bus that took us from Downtown to the Ritz and back. It was so fun for them to ride a bus and NOT wear seatbelts. The look on the bus driver's face when she stopped to pick us up was pretty priceless. I guess no one let her in on this "end of the year" tradition. It put Brady right to sleep. Kaylyn and her friends waiting at the bus stop.Aboard the bus. See her way in the back?

And of course, nothing like a little bus ride to put the baby right to sleep.
On Thursday we walked to Main Beach Park. We ordered pizza, met with the lifeguards, and ran around like crazy. What a fun week!

Being chased by a boy... already.
They even needed a little down time, believe it or not!
All smiles!

Listening to the lifeguard teach about beach safety... notice she's right in front.

No comments:

Post a Comment