Monday, May 18, 2009

Bubba Boy & Girly Girl



I love these 2 kids so much. Brady has 2 teeth and rolls all over the place. Kaylyn is a typical 3 year old, but getting more mature by the day. I was having an impatient morning the other day and yelled at her to brush her teeth (to be fair, I had asked about 8 times). She, in turn, threw a fit, and so on. When we sat down for lunch later that day I said, "Kaylyn, you know I always love you even when I yell, and I'm sorry I yelled about brushing your teeth." She in turn responds, "Mom, I love you too, and I'm sorry I threw a tantrum. Why don't we just not fight anymore and we can always be happy." Brought a little tear. How is she so wise?

4 comments:

  1. Duuude—Shan, I know that these precious spirits Heavenly Father gave us are here more for us to grow and learn than for us to teach them. Not to get myself off the hook for doing my job, really I'm just in awe at how amazing the little ones these days seem in tune with the Spirit. Camo and Colin are worth giving up my pride and control issues—they are worth me becoming a better mom, wife and person here on earth. Love this post—thanks for sharing your "teaching moment" from Kay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both getting so big! Brady's lookin like a little man now and Kay just looks more and more grown up every time I see her! She's always been such a smartie...just like her momma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I got a little teary eyed too! Cute little girl!

    ReplyDelete