Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! So St. Patrick's Day was a complete bust. I spent it in the Outpatient Surgery Clinic at Saddleback. Just 5 months ago I was there having a baby and here I am back to have my perforated IUD removed. That's right, I am not an advocate of the IUD ladies. The risks outweigh the benefits. This has been the worst week. Imagine going in for a routine check up and having your doctor tell you she "just can't find the thing." I had to go back for an ultrasound, which showed nothing, and finally an x-ray, where they found it floating aroung in my abdomen. I had it removed on St. Patty's Day. Actually, a very quick procedure, but uncomfortable and painful recovery. I have 2 scars on my tummy, one in my belly button and one on my left hip. Time will tell as far as the healing process, though my doctor said it should not be hard for me to get pregnant again, if I wanted too. We'll see, I've definitely had my share of hospital visits this last year and have no desire to return anytime soon.
So I am really writing to thank everyone for their prayers. Cindy watched over Brady, my parents watched Kay, and Brent watched me. My awesome neighbors, Kelly, Marie, Brandee, and Kelli provided 4 excellent dinners, and I just feel overwhelmed and blessed with their love. Thank you to everyone for making this extremely frustrating time in my life a little easier. :-)










No comments:
Post a Comment