I had a hilarious conversation with Kaylyn tonight, which inspired me to record some of the hilarious things she says and does as she continues to develop her language. She loves Dora and is always asking how to say things in Spanish. She knows her numbers 1-12 and most of her colors. Tonight at dinner she asked me, "Mama, how do you say grey in Spanish?" I said, "Gris." "Greece?" she responded, "That's where Nonna and Buppa go. So how do you say yellow, Italy?" I was laughing sooooooo hard. (My parents went on a cruise in Sept. to Greece, Italy, and Turkey). She is so funny. I wanted to record some of the other clever things she says and does.
- "Mines" she has discovered that possessive "s" but doesn't yet realize it doesn't work for mine.
- "Lasterday" anything that happened in the past was lasterday
- "Right?" The question she asks after every statement. Ex- "We're not going yet, right?"
- "Totally" Says it all the time, 'cuz mom does. Ex- "Brady's totally fussin'."
-"Inside out it." Whenever any of her clothes are inside out she asks us to "inside out" them.
Some idioms she's had trouble with:
-"Keep your eye on it." Playing Gimme 5 where you pull your hand away at the end... we told her to "keep your eye on it" and she looked at us and went over and plopped her eye down right in the palm of Brent's hand.
-"We're losing him" What we say about Brady when we can tell he's about to fall asleep. She always says, "No you're not, he's right there."
-"Cat nap" we always say when Brady only sleeps like 30 minutes. So when he sleeps for a long time Kaylyn calls it a "Dog nap." And yes, she came up with that one all by herself.
I'm sure there are more and I will continually be adding to this post... enjoy my crazy girl.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










Kay is such a pleasure! Sweet, cute, fun and smart—what an awesome kiddo!! We love you guys!!
ReplyDelete