Thursday, December 18, 2008

Elf on a Shelf


So... thanks to Santa (Aunt D) an Elf appeared on our doorstep last Saturday. With him came a book about him. Kaylyn was to name him and he would live at our house until Christmas. All day he sits at our house and every night he flies back to the North Pole to report to Santa on whether Kaylyn and Brady have been naughty or nice. Kaylyn named him Lumpy. The book says if the children touch him he loses his magic. He reappears each morning in a different place in our house and Kaylyn has to find him. It's been pretty fun, but hard to find enough places to put him. He comes back each year from now on. A fun tradition has begun.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Our new "tradition" is writing Santa a letter for what Camo wants for Christmas (she wrote it all by herself, well, with LOTS of encouraging from us, since it was "taking soooo long to write it" and her "brain was tired with all the spelling and writing"!!! HA! Kids are just a hoot!!!!

    So, once she wrote her letter, Camo and Dame put it outside on our front porch (snow-filled front porch might I add) and tucked it under the mat (dry portion of the porch) for the elves to come pick it up and take it to Santa. This idea came when Camo was almost tear stricken about being so late with her letter to Santa that he might not get it in time with our USPS service (a valid concern with our current weather conditions). But alas, "Dame the Brain" stepped in and explained that the elves pick up the letters from our front porches when we go to sleep, so she better get some shut eye soon due to the elves busy letter-delivering schedule.

    Worked like a charm!! As I write this, I am certain little sleepy-eyed Camo will be heading down the stairs to the front door to check out whether or not she made the "pick up" time afterall.

    She'll be pleasantly surprised!!

    Okay, so I guess I could have posted this to my blog (NOTE TO SELF: Copy this comment and post to blog) and had you read it there, instead of hogging up your comment section, but since I can't be in person to tell you the story, I thought I would share it this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the elf idea is great! i want to come over and find lumpy...

    ReplyDelete