Mother's Day this year was bitter sweet for many reasons, but mostly due to losing my sweet Granny Betty in February. She left this earthly existence in such a state of peace, and my dad and aunt were so together on everything, able to support and encourage eachother that it enabled all of us cousins and other family members to celebrate her life together in such a loving way. I am happy to remember her today.
I celebrated with my sweet Mother-in-law, Aunt Becca, Aunt Darcy, and Honey on Saturday night at a delicious dinner at Scarantino's. I am so glad to be an extended part of the Stringham family. What an amazing group of women. I always enjoy being with them.
Mother's Day morning I did NOT have to get up with Brady at 6:30, Brent did! Then he and Kay and Brady got me donuts in bed! What a crumbly mess! I got a portable DVD player for watching when I run (also for the kids to watch when we have long car trips). Kaylyn made me a beautiful card and plate at school. Great morning!
That evening was spent at my sweet mom's. She is so great and I grow to love and respect her more each day. My sister and Ryan were able to come up too. All the more special. Delicious steak dinner courtesy of my dad.
I am so grateful for all of the amazing women in my life. Not just family, but friends too. In each one of them I see qualities that I strive to have in myself. Striving for perfection...
Happy Mother's Day to all!










No comments:
Post a Comment