June 27, 1923 - February 17, 2010
.JPG)
Heavenly Father gained a choice spirit in heaven this morning when my sweet grandmother, affectionately known as Granny Betty, passed away. I was able to go and be with her on Saturday and say my good byes. It was a peaceful time. She was an amazing woman. Born to Joseph and Mary Briggs on June 27, 1923, and raised in Long Island, NY, she and my grandfather had known each other since they were in elementary school and married October 31, 1943. She was a nurse during WWII when my grandfather served in the navy. They moved to Laguna Beach in 1946 when my dad was just 1. They raised my dad and aunt there in Laguna and eventually moved to a retirement community later in life. When my grandfather died in 2005 they had been married almost 62 years! My best memories of grandma include:
-Bon Bons (she always had them for dessert)
-her toy table (a compartment under her coffee table)
-orchids (her favorite flower, difficult to grow, but she was a master at it)
-hummingbirds (she had feeders all over her porch and deck and had names for all of them)
-Solitaire (she taught me how to play with the actual cards, "This will keep your mind alert and it is very good for your hand-eye coordination," she would tell me.)
-money smarts (she was very smart with her money and with investing. She gave me great advice in my 5/6 grade stock projects)
-Dominoes (she taught me how to play)
-Christmas Eve (we celebrated at her house when I was a girl... I loved it)
You will live forever in my heart grandma! I love you!
oh, shannon - I am so sorry;(
ReplyDeletexo,
stephanie