Sunday, February 28, 2010

A little laughter goes a long way


It has been a loooooonnnnggggg month. A lot of emotion, stress, sickness, the list goes on, but I am happy to say goodbye to February. Through this month, however, I have gained a little perspective on the importance of the younger generation building up the older ones. Children have an amazing ability to soothe aching hearts and bring laughter in times of sadness. I am so grateful that my children have been able to bring their sweet innocence and joy to my family during this difficult month. A couple of examples:

Brady loves shoes and I have included a pic of him in a pair of his sissy's crocs. We just laugh and laugh at him, especially when he screams if anyone tries to take them off of him. He really thinks they are his.

And my sweet Kay: as we brought dinner to my parents one night she enters the house declaring, "Hi! We are here to bring happiness!" as she hands my dad a card,"Boppa, this is for you because your mom died." and "Granny Betty is with her husband and mommy and daddy now, you shouldn't be sad, you should be happy."

What would I do without them?

1 comment:

  1. those are the sweetest stories! That story aboout Kay is A M A Z I N G! Kids are the greatest source of happiness and brining sweet spirits into our lives! Oh how I love your children. If there is any thing that I can do for you Shannon, please let me know! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete