Some sound advice I've been giving myself lately is to "remember the good days." That way, when I have tough days I will know they aren't permanent. I love being a mom, more than anything, I can say I have truly found my calling in life. There is nothing more rewarding than watching my children grow, mature, mark milestones, make good choices, and have friends. But... some days present challenges, and most days, challenges occur around dinner time. We're all pretty tired from the day, hungry (blood sugar is running low), and it's an irritable time. Of course, it is also the time that mom (me) needs to make dinner. That requires time, and I cannot play on the floor, read, color, or give what my children deem as "proper attention." So I dread dinner time 4:30-5:30 is the witching hour. Tonight, however, was a "good day" to remember. I was defrosting and preparing the chicken for the oven when I look over and there is my Kay girl on the floor reading to her brother. They are the cutest dang things. Luckily, the camera was right in front of me and I snapped the shot. So tomorrow when Brady's screaming for me to pick him up and tugging on my pants, and Kaylyn is crying because she can't get her doll's dress on, and the pot of pasta is boiling over while I troubleshoot my way through the afternoon, I will remember today. :-)
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment