
One of the most important things I learned in my Master's program is that children build their comprehension skills by listening to other people reading stories that are well above their reading level. Obviously, Kaylyn does not know how to read, but she is so smart, and she listens well. So I started reading her Charlotte's Web. She is so into it and she pretends to be Fern now and makes me be Charlotte. :-) We are about half-way through, and I promised her that when we finish she can see the movie. Havn't decided yet, but leaning toward the animated one instead of the Dakota Fanning one. Input anyone? Also, think I might start Mary Pope Osborne's Magic Tree House series with her next, unless anyone else has some suggestions.










How adorable is that? I would go with the animated version of Charlotte's Web (a classic). Also, I love the Magic Tree House books! Great choices... Have fun reading Kaylyn!
ReplyDeletei SOO used to want my name to be fern.
ReplyDeleteHI Shan,
ReplyDeleteI'm finally having time to read and catch up on your blog. So cute!! What fun to read and see the pics. Every time I was going to read your blog at work, I couldn't remember the address. Anyway I'm caught up now. Have fun at the river this weekend.
Love you, D
Great idea! Miss seeing you at swim. Lets try to meet soon at the park!
ReplyDelete