Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lists, Lists, and more Lists

Kaylyn has been really into list making lately. She says it's so she won't forget to do anything. I guess she feels she has a lot to do?!?!?!?!? Rough life of my 5 year old. The trouble is that it seems to me she spends so much time making lists that she never gets to the things that are actually on the lists.
Well, let this be a lesson. Tonight, her bedtime list looked like this(pretty much like EVERY night): get naked (apparently she has to remind herself to do this), take a shower, wash body, wash hair, squeegee door, dry off, get dressed, brush teeth, floss, dry hair, watch a show, read, potty, pray, go to sleep.
After she finished brushing her teeth I said, "Kay get downstairs so you have time to watch your show." She says, "Wait mom I have to cross some things off my list!" Insert mom's eyeroll here. 1 minute later, "Oh my gosh mom! I forgot to floss. Good thing I made a list." And there you have it. Maybe I should make a list too! I hate to floss.

No comments:

Post a Comment